Flooding in Wisconsin 4 Years, 6 Months ago
UW-Madison assistance for flood-impacted students
* For accommodations, crisis loans, books or other help: call (608) 263-5700 and ask for the Dean On Call
Disaster help - Columbus Public Library
* News releases, health advice, FEMA forms, pet rescue, disaster preparation and recovery
National Weather Service - Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service
* Interactive maps of precipitation, river flooding, and more
Technical reports & books at UW Libraries (some online)
* Flood control, flood plain information, insurance studies, mitigation, reservoirs and stormwater management in Wisconsin
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - Mississippi Valley Division
* Working with state and local districts to coordinate flood-fighting activities, closing river locks
U.S. Geological Survey - Wisconsin Water Science Center
* USGS crews aollecting flood data needed for flood forecasters and emergency managers
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Floodplain Management
* Regulations, history of Wisconsin floods, floodplain mapping, dam safety, etc.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation - Incident Alerts
* "WisDOT is providing up-to-the-minute information regarding incidents occurring on Interstates and other main highways that impact traffic and are expected to last more than 30 minutes."
Wisconsin State Climatology Office
* "The recent rain caused some rivers to reach record crests, resulting in flooding and mudslides. Several dams broke because of the rise in water levels in the reservoirs behind the dams."
Wisconsin's Water Library - Recommended Reading
* FREE - all Wisconsin residents can borrow books and videos, for pick-up at your local public library
Email this • Technorati Links • Sphere: Related Content • Submit to Propeller • Save to del.icio.us • Digg This! • Share on Facebook • Discuss on Newsvine • Stumble It! • Subscribe to this feed
at 8:20 PM
Labels: control, disaster, disasters, engineer, engineering, engineers, flood, flooding, floods, management, midwest, mitigation, natural, prevent, prevention, recovery, research, science, wisconsin